Prairie Hill Elementary School
Prairie Hill Elementary School, part of the Cary School District, first opened its doors in 2002. The school, located in a residential area on East Oriole Trail, serves about 850 5th and 6th grade students. Core programs include math, social science, language arts and science. Art, music and phyiscal education classes are also a part of the curriculum. Both gifted and special education programs are offered at Prairie Hill.
Students here start school at 8:45 am and are dismissed at 2:30 pm. Students who live more than 1.5 miles from the school are provided bus service.
The school's mission is to foster "well-rounded students" and a "positive relationships among students, staff, families and communities."
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking, ramps and bathrooms are available.
- Founding Date: 2002
- Number of students: 840
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 20:1 for district
- Parking: Free lot
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: 5th and 6th
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab
- Extracurricular activities available: Chorus, Student Council, Yearbook Club, Scrabble Club, Drama Club, Dance Club, Chess Club, Book Club, Recycling Club, Holiday Crafts Club, Science Fair, Family Math Night, 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament
- Sports teams: Intramural