Connie Tyrrell loved vacationing in Mexico so much she decided to bring a little piece of it home with her and Burrito Grande is the result. She is one of the owners, along with Jim Tyrrell, of this fast-order Mexican restaurant north of busy U.S. Highway 14, across the street from the commuter train station.
Burrito Grande's specialty is the large burrito. The homemade fare also features tacos with grilled shrimp, steak tacos, tortilla chips, chicken soup, rice and beans and a variety of homemade sides, including tomatillo sauce, pico di gallo, salsa and more.
- Fax: 847-516-1815
- Hours: Sun, 11am - 8pm; Mon - Sat, 11am - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Store Credit Card, Visa
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out, Web orders
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: "The neighborhood has welcomed us," said Jim Tyrrell, one of the owners. "They are very excited about us being here. I feel as if I grew up here."
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Signature dishes: Large burrito
- Price level: $
- Features: Dinner, Lunch