Crystal Lake Central finished in seventh place and Crystal Lake South finished in 9th place in the prelims. Both teams will compete in the finals on Saturday.
The above information was updated at 8 p.m. on Jan. 31.
ORIGINAL ARTICLE: Crystal Lake and Cary will be well represented at the state dance compeition tonight as athletes from four of the towns' high schools compete for a chance to move onto Saturday's state finals.
Here are the teams that will be competing and when they will take the floor:
- Crystal Lake Central (2A) 3:15 PM
- Crystal Lake (South) (2A) 4:51 PM
- Crystal Lake (Prairie Ridge) (2A) 6:21 PM
- Cary (C.-Grove) (2A) 6:41 PM
- Huntley (3A) 4:47 PM
- Algonquin (Jacobs) (3A) 7:05 PM
There are 90 total teams competing in the prelims in the Class 1A, 2A and 3A divisions from across Illinois. The top ten teams in each division will advance to the final round on Saturday, according to the IHSA website.
- See all the teams that will be competing at the meet on the IHSA website or view the full roster above
Those advancing to finals Saturday in the Class 2A and 3A divisions will be announced at 7:45 p.m. Friday. Preliminary results will be posted by the IHSA online.