The Crystal Lake City Council will consider allocating funds collected from the city's hotel/motel tax at its regular council meeting Tuesday night.
Ten local organizations have applied to receive funding for the 2013-2014 fiscal year. Funding requests total $339,100, yet city staff project to collected about $290,000 in hotel/ motel tax receipts during the 2013-2014 fiscal year.
The city's hotel/motel tax rate is 5 percent.
On Jan. 8, the city council held a workshop where local organizations had the opportunity to present requests for the funds. According to city documents, those applicants and their proposed use for the funds included:
- Berkshire Ballet Theatre: advertising, instruction and facility.
- Crystal Lake Babe Ruth Baseball League Inc.: marketing and advertising.
- Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce: Shopping, Dining and Recreation Guide.
- Crystal Lake Rowing Club: marketing support.
- Historic Downtown District of Crystal Lake: 2013 Operating Support.
- Lakeside Legacy Foundation: Operating Support of Pillar Events
- McHenry County Convention and Visitors Bureau- Marketing Initiative.
- McHenry County Music Center: Concerts at the Raue Center for the Arts.
- McHenry County Youth Sports Assoc.: Marketing and Promotion.
- Raue Center for the Arts: Programming and Marketing Support.
Having had the opportunity to hear the presentations and ask representatives from the organizations questions, council members are expected to approve the allocation of funds at its meeting Tuesday.
The city council meeting is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at the Crystal Lake Municipal Complex, 100 W. Woodstock St.