Funding Amount Awarded
Berkshire Ballet Theatre
Crystal Lake Babe Ruth Baseball League, Inc.
Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce
Crystal Lake Rowing Club
Historic Downtown District of Crystal Lake, Inc.
Lakeside Legacy Foundation
McHenry County Convention and Visitors Bureau
McHenry County Music Center
McHenry County Youth Sports Association
Raue Center for the Arts
The Crystal Lake City Council on Tuesday night determined the allocation of the city's hotel-motel tax funds.
Ten local organizations applied to receive funding for the 2013-2014 fiscal year. Funding requests totaled $339,100.
However, Crystal Lake staff project to collect about $290,000 in lodging tax receipts during the 2013-2014 fiscal year, according to city officials.
The above chart displays the monetary amount each applicant will receive for the upcoming fiscal year, as well as for 2014-2015 provided lodging tax revenues remain constant, council members decided.
The city's hotel-motel tax rate is 5 percent.
Last month, the city council held a workshop during which representatives from the organizations presented their fund requests. According to city documents, those applicants plan to use their allocated funds in the following manner:
- Berkshire Ballet Theatre: advertising, instruction and facility.
- Crystal Lake Babe Ruth Baseball League: marketing and advertising.
- Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce: Shopping, Dining and Recreation Guide.
- Crystal Lake Rowing Club: Marketing support.
- Historic Downtown District of Crystal Lake: 2013 Operating Support.
- Lakeside Legacy Foundation: Operating Support of Pillar Events
- McHenry County Convention & Visitors Bureau: Marketing Initiative.
- McHenry County Music Center: Concerts at Raue Center for the Arts.
- McHenry County Youth Sports Assoc.: Marketing and Promotion.
- Raue Center for the Arts: Programming and Marketing Support.