The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office on Monday arrested two men during an undercover narcotics investigation.
McHenry County Sheriff's narcotics, intelligence and K-9 units conducted the undercover drug operation in the Woodstock area. An undercover officer purchased about 1.5 grams of crack cocaine from two men.
Shortly after the alleged sale, officers stopped the two men driving in a 2012 Dodge Caliber at Route 120 and Thompson Road in Woodstock, according to a Sheriff's Office news release.
driver, Kenneth L. Price Jr., 20, of the 720 block of Manor Rd., Crystal Lake, and the passenger, Norman Brown, 25, of Chicago, were arrested for multiple drug
According to the Sheriff's Office, Price and Brown were each charged with:
- Unlawful delivery of a Controlled Sub. within 1000 feet of a Park - Class X
- Unlawful Delivery of a Controlled Substance - Class 1
- Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Sub. w/ Intent to Deliver - Class 1
- Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Sub. w/ Intent to Deliver - Class 3
- Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance- Class 4 (3 counts)
- Unlawful Possession of Cannabis - Class C
At the conclusion of the investigation, Sheriff’s Deputies recovered about six grams of cocaine, one gram of cannabis, five hyrdocodone pills, and $633.
Sheriff Keith Nygren estimates the street value of the narcotics seized in this investigation to be approximately $710.
Brown was currently out on bond from a previous drug arrest made last September by the Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit, the release stated.