The map allows residents to input their own home address and locate any sex offenders living near them.
Currently, there are 7 offenders registered in or near Cary, according to the Illinois Sex Offender map. Click here to see the registered offenders on the map.
The offenders registered as living in/ near Cary include:
1) Christopher S. Caceres, 6705 Pheasant Trail, Cary
2) Bradley J. Harley, 6305 Robert, Cary
3) Jason Krigas, 1115 Paul, Fox River Grove
4) Timothy H. McKinney, 123 Riverwalk, Port Barrington
5) Bretton C. Schindelar, 226 E. Weaver, Cary
6) Juan J. Torres, 1000 Route 14, Fox River Grove
7) Scott M. Walroth, 7 Tealwood Ct., Cary
In addition to providing the name and address of the registered sex offenders, the website also provides a photograph of the registered offender, and lists their offender level status.
Per state law, registered sex offenders are not permitted to participate in public holiday events involving children. Therefore, sex offenders are not allowed to distribute Halloween candy to children, nor can they dress in costume in the public.
To search for offenders in your area, click on this link to the Illinois Sex Offender Search page.
Parents should be aware of the following:
- 45 percent of sexual assault victims are under age 12.
- 75 percent of victims know their attacker.
- An estimated 80 percent of all house addresses have at least one registered sex offender living within one mile.
- More than half of rape/ sexual assault crimes happen within one mile of the victims' homes.