No one was injured in an apartment fire that started at about 7:45 p.m. in the 1300 block of Cunat Court in Lake in the Hills Thursday.
The fire started in the kitchen of an apartment and was started by cooking, fire officials said.
Firefighters from the Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District arrived on the scene and were able to contain the fire. The building also was equipped with a sprinkler system which helped keep the fire contained to the kitchen.
Fire officials stated that water damage from the sprinkler system temporarily displaced three families in the building. All were able to stay with family members.