UPDATE: The gas leak had been contained as of 11 a.m., the Northwest Herald reports.
A major gas leak in Huntley at about 10:20 a.m. Thursday forced the evacuation of more than 100 residents living near Heritage Woods, the Northwest Herald is reporting.
All residents living in the assisted-care facility, located at 12450 Regency Prkwy., were evacuated and transported to Huntley Village Hall as a precaution. It is suspected construction crews working to install a light pole in the area struck a gas line, the Herald reports.
A nearby business with 20 employees also was evacuated.Regency Parkway and Farm Hill Drive are closed. Nicor was on its way to the scene, the Herald reports.