Crystal Lake Police conducted 240 vehicle checks, issued 41 traffic citations and arrested eight people during a special Roadside Safety Check program held March 1-2.
Police executed the heightened enforcements between 10:30 p.m. March 1 and 2:30 a.m. March 2, said Police Cmdr. Dan Dziewior.
The goal of the program was to enforce Illinois Vehicle Code violations related to driving under the influence and occupant protection, Dziewior stated in a press release.
During the Roadside Safety Check officers made the following:
- Conducted over 240 vehicle checks
- Arrested 3 adult males for unlawful possession of cannabis.
- Arrested 1 adult male for DUI with blood-alcohol level over .08
- Arrested 1 adult male for driving while license suspended
- Arrested 1 adult female for not having a valid drivers license
- Arrested 1 adult male for driving while license suspended, possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Arrested 1 adult male for consumption of alcohol by a minor.
Police also issued 41 traffic citations, which included the following:
- 25 Citations for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle.
- 5 Drivers license violations
- 2 Seatbelt violations
- 1 Illegal transportation of alcohol
- 8 Equipment related ciations.
Additional Roadside Safety Checks are planned for the coming year, Dziewior said.