The Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department is holding an Open House from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, for the public.
Residents are invited to stop by Station 1, 100 W. Woodstock Street (adjacent to Crystal Lake City Hall) to participate in interactive and educational activities. The event is free.
The Open House activities will include:
- Displays of engines, ambulances, and other apparatus.
- Station tour.
- Safety House: A way to practice exiting a house fire.
- Rescue demonstrations.
- Flight for Life Helicopter.
- Firefighter skills course for kids.
- Fire extinguisher practice.
- Child fire hose drills.
- Live burn with side-by-side trailer:
-one side without sprinkler
-one side with a sprinkler
Join Crystal Lake's fire fighters and emergency rescue works to learn ways to protect your home and family!