A Google search by a concerned citizen in California helped the McHenry County Sheriff’s Fugitive Apprehension Unit cross off another name from the county’s Top 10 Most Wanted.
Karl A. Erikson, 54, formerly of Lakemoor, was taken into custody June 7 in Marina Del Ray, Ca., by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s office.
He was wanted on charges of deceptive practice, misuse of credit card, false report of offense and criminal trespass to a vehicle, authorities said in a press release.
Erikson was also wanted for financial exploitation of the elderly by the Lake County Sheriff’s Office and felony theft by the Kane County Sheriff’s Office. The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office arrest warrant for Karl A. Erikson was issued on December 6, 2011.
The sheriff's office received a tip after a citizen found Erickson on the Most Wanted list.
Bond was set at $182,500.
He is the third man on the Most Wanted list to be captured this week, including a Huntley man.
The Fugitive Apprehension Unit also conducted a warrant roundup with area police departments this week that resulted in 16 arrests, the sheriff’s office said in a release.
The 16 people arrested were wanted on outstanding arrest warrants from McHenry, Lake, Dupage, Kane, and Winnebago County.
In an effort to address the large number or outstanding warrants in McHenry County, various police agencies worked together to effect these arrests during a two day operation, June 6 and 7, left by the Fugitive Apprehension Unit.
Sheriff’s deputies along with officers from the Illinois State Police, Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Crystal Lake Police Department, McHenry Police Department, and the United States Marshals Fugitive Task Force participated in the arrest warrant roundup.
The arrest warrants served were for felony crimes, misdemeanor crimes, and contempt of court.
The following were arrested and charged:
- Jonathan Vogt, 26, Crystal Lake, IL – possession of a controlled substance-felony
- James P. Metz, 19, Mundelein -traffic warrant – misdemeanor
- Carrie B. Draper, 31, Spring Grove-contributing to the delinquency of a minor- misdemeanor
- Vincent R. Greco, 47, Crystal Lake-traffic warrant-misdemeanor
- Bernardo C. Siller III, 46, Crystal Lake-traffic warrant-misdemeanor
- Audra D. Sullivan, 29, Woodstock-deceptive practices-misdemeanor
- Brian L. Petit, 29, Crystal Lake-traffic warrant-misdemeanor
- April J. Bock, 29, McHenry-driving under the influence-misdemeanor
- Michelle L. Leber, 44, Woodstock-deceptive practices-felony
- Lizbeth A. Salazar, 21, Crystal Lake-misuse of a credit card-felony
- Cesar Camacho, 26, Crystal Lake-two traffic warrants-misdemeanor
- Zachary D. Parisi, 20, McHenry-driving under the influence-misdemeanor
- Dawn L. Jorda, 34, McHenry-criminal trespass to land-misdemeanor
- Arthur E. Johnson, 56, Woodstock-ownership of animal for sport fight-felony
- Michael D. Sopher, 59, McHenry-Contempt-Civil
- Arnie A. Blass, 18, Crystal Lake-possession of cannabis-misdemeanor