Many of you will have Monday, Sept. 2 off work to celebrate Labor Day.
But for those who will want to get out and about in Crystal Lake and Cary, here is a look at what will be open and closed on the holiday.
If you are a business owner, let us know in the comments section if your business will be opened or closed.
- City of Crystal Lake: City hall will be closed. There will be no refuse, recycling and yard waste collection on Monday, September 2, 2013 in observance of the Labor Day holiday. Refuse collection for the remainder of the week is delayed one day.
- Village of Cary: Village hall will be closed on Monday. There will be no garbage college and the pick-up will be delayed by one day.
- County offices: All McHenry County administrative offices will be closed on Labor Day.
- Banks: Most banks will be closed on Labor Day. Check with your local branch for hours of operation.
- Mail: The U.S. Postal Service will not have any post offices open on Labor Day, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup.
- Emergency: Always call 911 for police and fire emergencies as well as for any suspicious activity.
- Schools: All area public schools will be closed for Labor Day. District 155, 158, 47 and 300 offices will also be closed on Monday.
- Library: The Crystal Lake Public Library and the Cary Public Library will be closed Sunday and Monday.
- Shopping: Most shopping options in Crystal Lake and Cary will be open on Labor Day.
- Metra Schedule: The Metra will be operating on a Sunday/holiday schedule on Labor Day. Visit the Metra Northwest line online schedule for more information.