School is in, the weather is turning cooler, the football season is underway, and the apple cider donuts are making my mouth water. It's my favorite time of year! I love the Fall Season because there are so many fun ways to spend time with the kids making memories.
However, the Fall season is short. You only have a few weekends before Halloween and the Holiday Season take over. Don't let the family's busy schedule get away from you. Plan for some fun activities and pencil them into the family calendar. To inspire you to plan some fun with the kids this Fall, here is a list of my family’s favorite activities. Most of these ideas are inexpensive and get you outside enjoying the crisp Autumn air.
Top 10 Ideas for Fall Family Fun
- 1. Apple Orchard/ Making Caramel Apples
2. Fall Foliage Drive - Here's a list from USA Today with the Top 10 Fall Foliage Drives in the U.S.
3. Visit a Pumpkin Farm - Take your camera and get some great photos of your toddlers in the pumpkin patch.
4. Leaf Piles - Have the kids help you rake and then build some leaf forts and mazes.
5. Family Bike Ride/ Photo Scavenger Hunt in your local Forest Preserve
6. Creating & Decorating for Halloween
7. Throw a Family Friendly Halloween Party – fun for kids and/or adults
8. Organize a Neighborhood Trick or Treat Procession - get a few families to trick or treat together for even more fun.
9. Neighborhood Flag Football Party
10. Flashlight Corn Maze Adventures
What do you look forward to most in the Fall? What is your family's favorite Fall activity?
Sue Kirchner is a family fun coach, kids party planner, and weekly contributor to Patch.com. Sue and her family fun ideas have been featured on TV, newspapers, magazines, blogs, as well as her own family fun site ChocolateCakeMoments.com.