You've already started buying bags of candy (and may need to replenish if your family members have found them!).
So, now's the big question: When can kids trick-or-treat this year in Crystal Lake?
The city of Crystal Lake recommends children trick-or-treat from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31.
The city in its October newsletter reminds residents that Halloween night is usually quite busy - for children and adults - throughout the city.
Police are typically busy with outdoor calls. The most common occurrences are pumpkin smashing, damage to mailboxes, theft/ destruction of decorations and eggings, according to the city newsletter.
An easy way to deter such vandalism is to keep your home and property well lit on Halloween night.
Drivers are also reminded to use caution on Halloween night, as children are often distracted and their visibility can be limited by their costumes.
Other Halloween Safety Tips Offered by city of Crystal Lake:
- Remind children to check all candy before they eat it.
- If not accompanying your child trick-or-treating, be aware of their planned route
- Tell children to leave a house right away if they feel uncomfortable.
- Tell children to only trick-or-treat at well-lit homes.
- Remind kids to never go into a home of a stranger, or get into their car.
- Carry your cell phone and a flashlight.