Who among us hasn’t felt the despair of a disappointing shot, point, or match that we know we should have won? Wouldn’t it be great to understand why that happens and better yet, learn how to prevent it?
The Racket Club, a Crystal Lake Park District facility, is pleased to announce that Dr. Jack Groppel will present “The Mental Side of Tennis” on Thursday, October 10, 2013. The Racket Club is located on Route 31, one mile of south of Rakow Road. Admission for members & guests is a $10 donation to the Walt Herrick Memorial Foundation Scholarship Fund for junior tennis lessons. RSVP at the front desk or by calling 847-658-5688
Dr. Groppel is an expert at teaching that very concept. A motivating yet highly entertaining speaker, he has spoken at thousands of functions on six continents for athletes, corporate executives, scientists, coaches, and sport enthusiasts. He has shared the speaking platform with dignitaries such as Margaret Thatcher, Mikhail Gorbachev, President George HW Bush, and President Gerald Ford.
Both a researcher and practitioner, Dr. Groppel has served on the faculty of University of Illinois and Northwestern University and worked closely with numerous world-class athletes such as the Chicago White Sox, New Jersey Devils, Olympic bronze medalist gymnast Wendy Bruce, golf champion Nick Faldo, and tennis legends such as Stan Smith, Jim Courier and Michael Chang.
As a professional tennis coach, Dr. Groppel’s incredible credentials include:
· Certified Master Professional, U.S. Professional Tennis Association (USPTA)
· International Master Professional, Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) (One of Only 13)
· International Master Professional, Registry of Tennis Professionals in Spain (One of Only 20)
· Chairperson, National Sport Science Committee for the United States Tennis Association (USTA)
· National Teaching Professional of the Year, USPTA
· Winner, International Tennis Hall of Fame’s Educational Merit Award
· Inductee, Midwest USPTA Hall of Fame
· Honorary Member, British Tennis Coaches Association
Groppel gave the keynote address at the 1984 Olympic Scientific Congress…and
now he’s speaking at The Racket Club! For
more information or to RSVP call The Racket Club front desk at 847-658-5688.