The winning numbers from Wednesday’s drawing were: 11 - 19 - 33 - 42 - 52 and the Powerball was 33. While no one won Wednesday night’s jackpot, over 32,000 Illinoisans won prizes ranging from $10,000 to $4.
Since Illinois introduced this multi-state lottery game, Powerball has contributed an estimated $120 million to the Illinois Common School Fund and Capital Projects Fund.
QUICK POWERBALL FACTS
- Current jackpot at $317 million; cash value of $176.3 million; after withholding: $123.4 million
- Introduced in Illinois on January 31, 2010
- Jackpots start at $40 million
- IL has had 33 Match 5 winners since January 18, 2012; Match 5 winners receive $1,000,000 each, which increases to $2,000,000 if they select the Power Play game option. Four of the 33 Match 5 winners have won $2,000,000.
- Overall odds of winning a prize: 1:31.8; Overall odds of winning the jackpot 1:175,000,000
- Drawings are at 9:59 PM (CT) every Wednesday and Saturday
- All profits from Powerball in Illinois stay in Illinois to support education and capital developments
- Powerball is played in 45 lottery jurisdictions across the country
- Largest Powerball Jackpot: $590.5 million; won May 18, 2013 in Florida