Winter weather has suspended construction work on Walkup Road in Crystal Lake.
Work is expected to resume when weather conditions permit, possibly sometime in mid-April, said Deborah Finn, vice-president of marketing for Baxter & Woodman.
In a Walkup Road progress updated, Finn outlined the construction activities that will occur when work resumes:
- Between Crystal Ridge Drive and Talismon Drive: Existing pavement will be removed, curb and gutter will be installed, and asphalt base will be placed.
- The northwest corner of Route 176 and Walkup Road: Final grading for the multi-use path and for the sidewalk will begin.
- North and south sections: the final asphalt placement will take place followed by permanent pavement markings.
- Route 176 and Walkup Road – traffic signal installation and activation.
- Mason Hill Road and Crystal Lake Road – traffic signal installation and activation.
Finn said Baxter & Woodman expected the project to be completed by the end of June, 2013.