The village of Lake in the Hills hosted its 12th annual Run Thru the Hills 5K and 10K races this past Sunday.
The Run Thru the Hills race course guides runners through the rolling hills that circle Woods Creek Lake in the Lake in the Hills.
In the 5K race, Alex Johnson, 19, of Algonquin placed first for the men with a time of 18:21.5. For the women, Chloe Smith, 11, of Lake in the Hills, finished first with a time of 21:40.1, according to the village of Lake in the Hills website.
Top finishers in the 5K for the men were:
- Alex Johnson, 19, Algonquin, 18:21.5
- Dan Palmer, 35, Roscoe, Ill., 19:25.5
- Nick Burkland, 13, Algonquin, 20:12.6
- Ricky Raclawski, 15, Algonquin, 20:13.3
- Josh Borzych, 13, Huntley, 20:46
Top finishers in the 5K for the women were:
- Chloe Smith, 11, Lake in the Hills, 21:40.1
- Mary Raclawski, 12, Algonquin, 22:12.6
- Tiffany Hassell, 27, Crystal Lake, 22:33.4
- Emily Hedrick, 33, Lake in the Hills, 22:50.9
- Tracy Lorenz, 42, Dundee, 22:59.7
For the 10K race, Mark Rotundo, 34, of Lake in the Hills, finished first with a time of 35:01.8. For the women, Holly Ochs, 30, of Milwaukee, placed first in the 10K with a time of 40:23.7.
Top finshers for the men in the 10K were:
- Mark Rotundo, 34, Lake in the Hills, 35:01.8
- Dermot Fitzpatrick, 42, Dundee, 35:37.6
- Josh Einspah, 21, Woodstock, 39:03.3
- Bernabe Gonzalesz, 37, Lake in the Hills, 40:21.9
- Alex Trumper, 32, Brookfield, Ill., 41.33.6
Top finshers for the women in the 10K were:
- Holly Ochs, 30, Milwaukee, 40:23.7
- Amy Campbell, 23, Cary, 40:35.3
- Lauren Rapacki, 31, Oak Park, 44:09.6
- Jill Weidner, 23, Marengo, 40:10.2
- Christy Tenopir, Cary, 34, 48:21.2