Powerball Soars to $208 Million for Wednesday Drawing
Powerball jackpot has rolled over without any winners.
The big red Powerball has rolled over once again.
With no recent winners, the Powerball jackpot has climbed to $208 million for the Wednesday, Feb. 6 drawing, according to Illinois Lottery officials.
The winning numbers from this past Saturday night’s drawing were: 11 - 16 - 33 - 40 – 41, and the Powerball was 34. While no one won the Saturday jackpot, more than 38,000 Illinoisans won prizes ranging from $4 to $10,000, lottery officials said.
Quick Powerball Facts:
- Introduced in Illinois on Jan. 31, 2010.
- Current jackpot at $208 million; cash value of $130.7 million; after withholding: $91.4 million.
- Jackpots now start at $40 million instead of $20 million.
- IL has had 19 Match 5 winners since January 18, 2012; Match 5 winners receive $1,000,000 eac.
- Overall odds of winning a prize: 1:31.8
- Drawings are at 9:59 PM (CT) every Wednesday and Saturday.
- All profits from Powerball in Illinois stay in Illinois to support education and capital developments.
- Powerball is played in 44 lottery jurisdictions across the country.
- Largest Powerball Jackpot: $384 million was won Nov. 28, 2012 in Arizona and Missouri.