Hop On Over to an Area Egg Hunt
There's a lot of Easter activities to choose from this season.
- Egg Hunt- 10 a.m., April 16, at Lions Park (Silver Lake Road). Join the Cary Grove Jaycees as they sponsor the hunt and watch for the Easter Bunny on a Fire Truck from 9 to 10 a.m. For more information please contact the Jaycees at (847) 361-0186.
- Egg Hunt—10 a.m., April 16, at Presidential Park, 700 Highland Ave., Algonquin. This free egg hunt is open to children up to age 12. The event includes a visit from the Easter Bunny. For more information, call (847) 658-2700.
- Egg-straordinary Saturday—2 to 3:30 p.m., April 16, at the Algonquin Area Public Library, 2600 Harnish Dr., Algonquin. This event also includes story-telling and egg-wreath making. The event is only open to library-card holders. Children ages 5 to 7 and/or children between kindergarten and first grade may attend. For more information, visit aapld.org.
- Park District Easter Egg Hunt/Breakfast—9 a.m., April 16, at Langendorf Park, 235 Lions Dr., Barrington. Breakfast with the Easter Bunny (9 to 10:15 a.m.) will precede the Easter Egg Hunt, which will start at 10:30 a.m. The breakfast will cost $8/$10 per child; $10/$12 per adult. Those who purchase breakfast with the bunny get to go on the Easter Egg Hunt for free. The egg hunt costs $3 per child in advance and $5 at the door. For more information, call (847) 381-0687.
- Park District Easter Egg Hunt—10 a.m., April 16, at the football fields located at the south west end of Lippold Park, located just west of Route 14 on Route 176. This event includes a visit with the Easter Bunny and costs $2 per child which is paid at the hunt. For more information, call (815) 459-0680, ext. 228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Park District Egg Hunt—10 a.m., April 23, at Deicke Park, 11419 South Route 47, Huntley. For more information, call (847) 669-3180
Lake in the Hills
- Easter Egg Hunt—8 a.m., April 16, at Sunset Park, 5200 Miller Road, Lake in the Hills. The Easter Bunny will be available for photo opportunities and prizes will be raffled off. For more information, call (847) 960-7460.
- Easter Egg Hunt—10 a.m., April 16, at Paulus Park, 200 S. Rand Road, Lake Zurich. The Easter Bunny will be in attendance, where he'll hide prizes in designated areas for various age groups. The event is free for kids, ages 2 to 9, and their parents. For more information, call (847) 438-5146 or visit volz.org.
- Easter Egg Hunt—2 to 4 p.m., April 17, at Alden Terrace of McHenry Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 803 Royal Drive, McHenry. Refreshments, treats, photo opportunities with the Easter Bunny, games and prizes included. Call (815) 344-2600 to register by April 15.