Foreclosure activity remained high in Illinois and McHenry County in September.
Illinois remained one of the few states in the country that did not see a drop in foreclosure rates last month, according to the Chicago Tribune. Only four other states saw an increase in foreclosure activity, according to the article.
The towns with the highest new foreclosure activity in the county include: McHenry with 120 new foreclosures, Crystal Lake with 95 new foreclosures and Lake in the Hills with 66 new foreclosures.
In Algonquin, 48 new foreclosures were listed and Huntley saw 38 new foreclosure filings in September , according to realtytrac.com.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Woman From Algonquin, LITH Area Killed in Shooting
- Crystal Lake Man Faces Child Porn Charge
- McHenry Man Arrested for Allegedly Threatening U.S. Embassy Officials in Serbia
- Crystal Lake Police: Juvenile Arrests for Weapons, Theft, Pot, Drugs
- Regional Police Report: Former Coach Charged In Hazing Case and more