Lynn Miller, an artist from Lake Zurich, will have her work exhibited at the Dole Mansion in Crystal Lake. She will have 25 original paintings on display in the Dole Galley. Her watercolors and pastels can be viewed from Nov. 1 to 21. There will be an opening reception from 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 4. You are invited to come to meet the artist, listen to the music and enjoy a glass of wine. The address is 401 Country Club Road, Crystal Lake.
Lynn is a master working with light and color and has displayed her work in many corporate offices, art galleries, businesses and juried art fairs.
She works using her photographs, taken locally and while traveling, and tries communicating to the viewer what has attracted her to a scene. Her watercolors and pastels may have beautiful soft flowers in conjunction with geometric windows or doors. Many of her pictures place the soft edges of natural objects against the rigid lines of architectural structures. This contrast accentuates the visually intriguing elements of each. Landscape paintings and flowers are among her favorite subjects.
She is both an artist and a teacher. For 30-plus years, she taught art in the public schools. In retirement, she is painting in her studio and exhibiting her art. Some of her awards include:
- 2011: Art in the Barn Art Fair, Best of Show, pastel
- 2010: June finalist in International online Bold Brush painting competition
- 2009: Illinois Watercolor Society, Award of Excellence
- 2008: Evanston Lakeshore Art Fair, Best of Show, watercolor
- 2008: Glenview Art Fair, Award of Merit
- 2008: Illinois Watercolor Society, Daniel Smith merchandise Award
- 2007: Scholl Museum Exhibit, Best of Show
- 2007: Art Centre 2007, Best of Show
— Lynn Miller submitted this information.