CL Police Issue Citations, Arrests During 4th of July Enforcement Crackdown
The Crystal Lake Police Department participated in two statewide enforcement campaigns, "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" and "Click It or Ticket."
The Crystal Lake Police Department stopped 36 motorists for traffic violations and made eight arrests for various offenses during its Independence Day holiday traffic enforcement program.
Crystal Lake was one of more than 200 law enforcement agencies from throughout Illinois that participated in the statewide Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program, coordinated by the Illinois Department of Transportation, according to a press release issued by Staff Sgt. Dan Hulata.e
The safe driving campaigns, "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over," and "Click It or Ticket" were implemented between June 22 to July 4 in Crystal Lake to save lives by encouraging drivers to refrain from drinking and driving, and to buckle up during late-night hours.
"During this period, the Crystal Lake Police Department participated in two separate enforcement campaigns to increase safety on our community's roadways," Hulata said the press release.
The recent law enforcement crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety funds through IDOT's Division of Traffic Safety.
During the mobilization, the Crystal Lake Police Department:
- Stopped 36 motorists for traffic violations.
- Issued a total of 32 traffic citations which included:
- Six safety belt citations
- Five citations for speeding
- Three citations for operation of uninsured motor vehicle.
- Two citations for alcohol violations.
In addition, eight persons were arrested for the following offenses:
- One adult male for aggravated DUI, driving while license revoked and having a blood alcohol contest over .16.
- One adult male for DUI-alcohol and for having a BAC over .08.
- One adult male for not having a valid drivers license and possession of cannabis.
- Two adult males for possession of cannabis and posession of drug paraphernalia.
- One adult male for being wanted on a warrant for forgery.
- Two adult males for unlawful possession of cannabis.