The sun went down, the crowd filled the sidewalks around downtown Crystal Lake and the sounds of Christmas music, drums and cheering roared through the streets.
The 2011 Festival of Lights parade had begun.
This year's parade, presented by Downtown Crystal Lake, featured an array of floats, music and entertainment Saturday evening. With the temperatures still in the 50s, a huge crowd showed up to welcome Santa and his wife to town.
This year's trophy winners were:
- Best Use of Lights: River Bend Benders Snowmobile Club
- Best Use of Music: Crystal Lake Strikers
- Most Enthusiastic Walkers: Girl Scout Daisy Troop #88
- Most Creative Entry: School District 47 and 155 School Bus
- Judges’ Choice: Crystal Lake Bank & Trust
Congratulations to Downtown Crystal Lake Executive Director Diana Kenney on a great event and don't forget to visit Santa now that he's in town.
- 6 to 8 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays
- Noon to 3 p.m. Sundays
- Extended hours the week of Christmas!