A Crystal Lake nursing home received high marks in the recently released U.S. News and World Reports Best Nursing Homes rankings while two others did not fare as well.
The Springs At Crystal Lake, 1000 East Brighton Lane in Crystal Lake, received a five-star rating from U.S. News and World Reports—the highest rank for nursing homes in the report.
Meanwhile, Fair Oaks Health Care Center, 471 Terra Cotta Avenue in Crystal Lake, received a four-star rating and Crystal Pines Rehab & Hcc, 335 North Illinois Ave. in Crystal Lake, received a two-star rating.
U.S. News and World Reports rated more than 15,000 nursing homes nationwide as part of its 2013 rankings.
The ratings were developed using combined information from state health inspection reports, nurse staffing information and selected quality measures of clinical care reported at the Nursing Home Compare website run by the Federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), according to a PRWeb press release.
The purpose of the data is to help families "research nursing home safety, health inspections, staffing, and more," according to the U.S. News Best Nursing Homes website.
Here is how other McHenry County nursing homes ranked:
- Alden Terrace Of Mchenry Rehab, 803 Royal Drive, Mchenry: two stars
- Crossroads Care Ctr Woodstock, 309 Mchenry Avenue, Woodstock: one star
- Memorial Hospital, 527 West South Street, Woodstock: four stars
- Hearthstone Manor, 920 N Seminary Ave., Woodstock: four stars
- Valley Hi Nursing Home, 2406 Hartland Road, Woodstock: three stars