More than 250 guests will sample delectable dishes prepared by 10 local chefs during the March of Dimes 6th Annual Signature Chefs Auction of McHenry County.
The fundraiser, featuring the Crystal Lake area's most notable restaurants, is slated for 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 27, at the Holiday Inn, 800 S. Route 31, Crystal Lake.
Proceeds from the event will go toward preventing premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality.
Participating restaurants include:
- Duke’s Alehouse & Kitchen
- Holiday Inn
- McHenry County Culinary Program
- Brunch Café, Java Planet
- SweetPea Cakes
- 31 North Banquet & Conference Center
- Exclusively Napa
- Kyoto Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
- Two Tails Market/Eatery
This event also will feature an extensive auction of exclusive items such as:
- Progressive Dinner: Enjoy a four-course dinner and limo transportation for six as you visit Holiday Inn, Two Tails Market, Duke’s Alehouse & Exclusively Napa.
- Chicago White Sox tickets
- Hot air balloon ride for two with an overnight stay
- David Becker, local illustrator, fine artist and art instructor, will create a piece live for guests to bid upon. Becker teaches classes at the Studio School of Art in McHenry County, and is the author of “Watercolor Composition Made Easy” and “How to Sketch with Watercolor.”
- Dalzell Jewelry, exclusive sponsor of the Jewelry Sweepstakes, will be showcasing a beautiful three-piece silver jewelry set.
The March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction is held in nearly 200 cities across the country.
In 2011, these events raised over $15 million intended to ensure all babies are born healthy. This unique and fun dining experience, where top local chefs present their signature dishes in a tasting format, has raised more than $145 million for the March of Dimes since the first Signature Chefs Auction was held in 1989.
The March of Dimes is the leading nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health. With chapters nationwide, the March of Dimes works to improve the health of babies. For the latest resources and information, visit marchofdimes.com.