“Trash Transformed” Recycled Art Contest
Sponsored by the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County
Finalists will be displayed at the Defenders’ booth at the McHenry County Fair August 1 - 5, 2012
This contest is designed to encourage practical and aesthetic use of used materials.
Participants are encouraged to let their imaginations run wild and have fun.
Create a functional or purely artistic item from materials that have been used before.
The possibilities are endless!
- Create an original piece of decorative or functional art using re-purposeditems or materials.
- All pieces must be made of reused and/or recycled products, meaning the materials must have been used before becoming part of the artwork. Glue and tape are allowed, but should be kept to a minimum. Paint and/or surface decoration is encouraged.
- Judging will be in two age categories: Students and Adults 18 and over.
- Each piece must be accompanied by a 3X5 card containing this information:
- Artist’s name
- Contact telephone and address
- Age if artist is a student; otherwise the word “Adult”
- Title of piece
- Description of piece
- Judging will be based on the use of reclaimed/ recycled items with respect to
- Use of materials
- Certificates and/or ribbons will be awarded, and winners will be featured on the Defenders’ website and in the quarterly newsletter.
- Artwork must be submitted before 3:00 pm on Friday, July 27, 2012 to the Environmental Defenders office OR the Green Spot Used Book Store, 110 South Johnson Street, Woodstock, IL.
- Artists may pick up their artwork from the Defenders Office during regular hours between August 6th and August 10th.
- Winning pieces will be designated with ribbons and winners will be notified by the start of the fair.
The Environmental Defenders will take every precaution to safeguard entries, however, EDMC will NOT be held responsible for any damage or loss that may occur.
For more information, contact the Defenders at 815-338-0393 or firstname.lastname@example.org